It is an exciting time to join the team at Harlington School. With a new Headteacher in post since Summer 2022, a new building opening in Autumn 2023 and a new vision for the school, it is the perfect time to join our journey. Harlington is a happy, successful and oversubscribed school, where staff retention rates are excellent. We are a dynamic and passionate team of associate and teaching staff, who put the students in our Harlington family at the heart of everything we do. We employ colleagues who have a passion for working in a diverse, multicultural school.
There is a friendly and supportive working atmosphere within the mathematics department. The faculty offers committed, passionate and energetic teachers an ideal start to, or continuation of, their career in a school with a caring atmosphere. Colleagues will be offered extensive support in their professional development and will contribute to a strong team aiming to raise the standards of achievement across the curriculum.
We are looking for an individual who hold the following areas of experience and take responsibility for:
- Knowledge of the maths curriculum and teach in accordance of the National Curriculum.
- Taking account of students’ prior levels of attainment and using them to set future targets and appropriate programmes of study.
- Identifying or using information provided, to work appropriately with ‘special educational needs’ students and ‘academically more able’ students.
- Committing to full engagement with teacher development, reflecting and joint planning initiatives, to further improve pedagogy and practice in the classroom.
- Maintaining a professional interest in educational initiatives relevant to the teacher’s subject(s).
The full application pack can be found below.
Applications are to be made electronically using the school application form found below. All enquiries and applications via email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require any further information or wish to discuss this role in more detail please contact the Director of HR and Admin, Vanessa Chettiar via the recruitment email.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and to equality of opportunity. Enhanced DBS clearance will be required. No agency enquiries. CVs alone will not be accepted.