It is an exciting time to join the team at Harlington School. With a new Headteacher in post since Summer 2022, a new building opening in Autumn 2023 and a new vision for the school, it is the perfect time to join our journey. Harlington is a happy, successful and oversubscribed school, where staff retention rates are excellent. We are a dynamic and passionate team of associate and teaching staff, who put the students in our Harlington family at the heart of everything we do. We employ colleagues who have a passion for working in a diverse, multicultural school.
The Cover Supervisor is a member of the Associate Staff Team, reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations. There are two cover supervisors including this post, who provide cover in various classrooms across the school. We also have an Online Learning Centre (OLC), a room that can facilitate up to 60 students undertaking cover work under the supervision of the OLC Manager. When not tasked with cover supervision, the Cover Supervisor is based in our alternative provision, providing additional support there, or undertaking break or lunch duties as part of their role. The Cover Supervisor can also be asked to invigilate examinations, or provide support for trips and events.
The Cover Supervisors at Harlington are an established and consistent team, who support our staff and students when staff have planned, or unplanned absence. In addition, from September, the team will support a rota to cover on Back on Track – a short term pupil removal facility that supports the school behaviour for learning policy and framework.
Our cover supervisor team are well respected by students and staff alike, and fulfil an essential role in providing continuity of learning to our students in the event of their usual teachers’ absence.
We are looking for an individual who hold the following areas of experience and take responsibility for:
- Knowledge of the National Curriculum
- Supervising classes in the absence of a teaching member of staff, ensuring purposeful learning, as per statutory regulations
- Understanding and implementing the school’s behaviour policy and code of conduct
- Ensuring good order and safety of the students being supervised, including an orderly start and finish to the lesson
- Providing students with clear information and instructions relating to the work.
- Supporting students in class when not supervising a lesson to aid effective learning.
- Implementing work programmes with individual and/or groups of students in or outside of the classroom, including in our alternative provision.
- Providing support for duties, invigilation and school trips and events when not required for supervising classes.
- Contributing to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school.
- Other duties of an appropriate level and nature may also be required, as directed by the Headteacher, or the Assistant Headteacher, HR.
The full application pack can be found below.
Applications are to be made electronically using the school application form found below. All enquiries and applications via email only to: email@example.com. If you require any further information or wish to discuss this role in more detail please contact the Director of HR and Admin, Vanessa Chettiar via the recruitment email.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and to equality of opportunity. Enhanced DBS clearance will be required. No agency enquiries. CVs alone will not be accepted.